What is WRONG with me?



 It's been an...interesting...week so far.

Although I'm happy to have started the Trainer Certification Program at work, I've also been disturbingly angry the past two days.  I think it's due to a combination of:

  • Lack of timely internal communications, and/or communications in general
  • Lack of organization (both intra- and inter-office)
  • Accepting/seeking out more work that we can realistically support
  • Misunderstanding that a peer-to-peer relationship is not a superior-subordinate relationship (read: "I'm not your bitch, so stop treating me like I am"  "I work with you, not for you")
  • Being tasked to "cover" other staff, and being given incorrect/missing information, and no support from the client organization
  • Lackadaisical management that 1) doesn't address safety/performance issues, and 2) doesn't even attempt to set a good example for staff to follow
It's not even a "this is how we've always done it" thing.  I think what bothers me the most is that no one seems to even care.  Things just lumber along, and although people will complain about how things are, and that things could be done "better", no one even makes the attempt.

For those of us who do care, and try to make things "better", after a while the realization dawns that we're just expending effort and energy for nothing.

I'm not built to not care.  Which is why I get angry.

Comments

Popular Posts