Welcome Home?

At the end of February, I had moved to Dallas for my job, but despite my exhortations, my wife and daughter didn't, choosing to remain in Massachusetts.  I knew that the separation would be difficult, but I was able to visit once every six weeks or so.  Last month, my daughter suffered a gymnastics accident, which caused me to seriously rethink the situation. That incident, along with increasing pressure from my daughter to move back home, was the impetus to do just that.

So, I had a nice chat with my boss, who agreed that family comes first, and three weeks later, I was spending my last day in that job.  I spent the next few days packing up what I was going to bring with me, and giving away everything else. Oh, and spending quite a bit of money getting my truck ready for the trip.

After three days and 1800 miles, I arrived home yesterday, surprising my daughter (my wife knew this was happening). Everyone was glad that I was back; I hadn't realized how much I missed my family.

Except...

Just a few hours ago, I was informed (separately by both my daughter and wife) that my daughter was having a hard time adjusting to my being back. WTF?

So, on top of: 1) giving my wife half the money she needed to replace her car (timing belt on the previous car broke, resulting in a destroyed engine), 2) dropping a few thousand dollars into my truck, and 3) not having a job lined up yet, I now add 4) my daughters adjustment issues.

Welcome home?

Comments

Popular Posts